How can I save money traveling to and from Duke?
Looking to save a buck or fifty on your way to Duke after a break? Have you thought of these amazing ways to save money?
- Book your flights early if you live far away
- Use a flight comparison website like Expedia, Travelocity, or Kayak
- Use Bing Travel to get flight price trend predictions
- Check out StudentUniverse.com for deals for students
- Compare flight prices to train fares—trains can be relaxing and you can even read a good book on the ride
- Carpool—it’s good for the environment and everyone can contribute to the cost of fuel
- dukelist.duke.edu is a good place to start
- You can even carpool to the airport
- Going North? Check out Megabus’s low fares to DC and beyond
How can I save money getting around the Duke area?
Got a car? Want a car? Hate cars all together? Fortunately, there are money- and time-efficient options for students at Duke. For more information on the resources below, visit parking.duke.edu.
- Ride a bike—take advantage of Duke’s borrow a bike program. It’s free, it’s faster than walking, and it’s often faster than dealing with parking!
- Take a bus
- Drive a car—If you absolutely have to go by car, try WeCar!
- Manage Your Finances
- Make Today's Decisions
- Prepare for Your Future
- Save Money At Duke
- Request a Workshop