Shopping and other stuff
Paying full price can make you feel ripped off, if not downright robbed. But you can save a substantial amount by being a smart shopper. Don’t forget to use smart phone apps to hunt for bargains!
- Shelf Relief is an easy and safer way of buying and selling used books, and it started at Duke.
- Shop around. There are lots of online retailers (Amazon, half.com, etc.) that have the books you need. And remember your Amazon student discount—pay no shipping costs for a year.
- Don’t forget to sell your unneeded textbooks at the end of each semester!
- Buy and sell used books.
- Duke Stores has a 31% off sale every Halloween.
- Software – Free through Duke’s Office of Informational Technology
- Computers – Better prices through the Duke Computer Store or a “deals” website (see below)
- Cloud data storage – Back up your files for free with Duke’s Box
Find Deals and Coupons on the web
Deals websites have been around for a long time, and daily coupon websites have recently become very popular. Check out these choices:
Finally, if you are unsure how you can afford something, go talk to someone in our Financial Aid office; there may be some available source of funding for whatever you’re considering.
- Manage Your Finances
- Make Today's Decisions
- Prepare for Your Future
- Save Money At Duke
- Request a Workshop