How can I find good deals for my housing and furnishing needs?
Of course, the first recommendation someone is likely to hear about finding cheap stuff is craigslist.org, but it’s not the only way to go. Try these easy tips for saving money and having the room you always dreamed of.
- Housing—Try Duke Connect. Lots of Duke Alumni are looking to give you a free place to stay.
- Have a friend who is graduating? Buy their stuff.
- Consider shopping at the Scrap Exchange. Not only is it artsy, it’s useful.
- Go vintage! Shop at a thrift store and make the look work for you. You just might put together your favorite new outfit for $5.
- Shop in Durham. Save the shopping for once you know what you need.
- Know what you can and cannot share! You can split the cost of many household items with your roommate.
- Manage Your Finances
- Make Today's Decisions
- Prepare for Your Future
- Save Money At Duke
- Request a Workshop