There are also plenty of options when it comes to music:
- Motorco Music offers free or cheap shows as well as food trucks. Consider brunch with free music and local artists and a crafts market.
- The American Tobacco Historic District offers concerts through its On the Lawn series (April – September)
- Check out the Duke Performances calendar.
- Duke Gardens hosts concerts in the spring and summer.
- Local 506 (Chapel Hill), Cats Cradle (Carboro), and Lincoln Theater (Raleigh) are all popular venues that offer very affordable concerts.
Nowadays, watching movies is more affordable than ever. Check out these options:
- Freewater Presentations shows movies that are free for students, $1 for all Duke employees, and $2 for the general public.
- Blue Ridge Theater in Raleigh shows second run movies for $2.
- Netflix, Redbox, and Amazon are all very inexpensive alternatives to going to the movie theater. The cost of a movie, popcorn & a drink at a movie theater is about $18; these options bring your cost down to about $5.
- Manage Your Finances
- Make Today's Decisions
- Prepare for Your Future
- Save Money At Duke
- Request a Workshop