You are hereHome › Make Today's Decisions › Insurance › How do I know what types of insurance I need?
How do I know what types of insurance I need?
The sections that follow will explain the ins and outs of life, health, disability, and property insurance. Here are a few basic considerations that you should start thinking about as you proceed:
- Identify and evaluate your risk exposure.
- Identify valuable property you own or lease.
- Identify activities you engage in that could cause harm to yourself.
- Identify activities you engage in that could cause harm to others.
- Assess the importance of maintaining a steady income should you become injured or disabled.
- If you have dependents, assess the importance of enabling them to maintain their lifestyle should you die unexpectedly.
- Evaluate the likelihood of losses in the above categories and the potential value of such losses. Could you absorb those costs without assistance from an insurance policy?
- Determine the best way to manage your risks.
- Insurance policies
- Changes in behavior
- Develop some sort of risk management plan and periodically reconsider it in case your circumstances have changed.
- Manage Your Finances
- Make Today's Decisions
- Prepare for Your Future
- Save Money At Duke
- Request a Workshop