Buying a home may not be at the top of your agenda right now, but at some point it’s likely to become an extremely important decision in your life—financially and otherwise. As you can imagine, it’s not nearly as simple as finding the right house and signing on the dotted line. How do you know when it’s time to stop renting? Whom will you interact with and what legal instruments and terminology will you need to be familiar with? This page will equip you with the knowledge to get started with home buying when the time comes and to navigate the process as painlessly as possible.
This section will help you answer the following questions:
- How do I know if I am ready for home ownership?
- What terms should I know?
- How do I determine the type of house I want and where I want to live?
- How much can I afford?
- Who gets involved when I decide to buy a home?
- What do I need to understand about my mortgage?
- How do I make an offer on a home?
- What happens at closing?
- Manage Your Finances
- Make Today's Decisions
- Prepare for Your Future
- Save Money At Duke
- Request a Workshop